Terms and Conditions
This World Wide Web site (the “Site”) and its contents (the “Materials”) are owned by J. Smart & Co. (Contractors) PLC. (the”Company”).
Use of the Site is conditional upon acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing any other pages in the Site. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please leave the Site immediately.
- Accuracy of the Site and Liability Issues
- The Company excludes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all liability (other than liability for death or personal injury) resulting from access and use of the Site or the Materials from outwith the United Kingdom.
- The Company reserves the right, at any time, to change the Materials and the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Site.
- The Site and the Materials are provided on an “as is” basis and the Company excludes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law all implied warranties, implied representations, and implied terms and conditions relating to the Site.
- No reliance should be made on any of the statements made within the Site (other than these terms and conditions) or the Materials or any third party site and the Company excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability (other than liability for death or personal injury) resulting from any such reliance.
- Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, the Company excludes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law all liability (other than for death or personal injury) resulting from your access to and use of the Site or the Materials or any third party site.
- Computer Viruses
- The Company will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that neither the Site nor the Materials contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all Materials downloaded from the Site and regularly check your computer for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
- The Company excludes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law all liability (other than liability for death or personal injury) in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating, or contracted, from this Site or any third party sites.
- Neither the Company nor any of our subsidiaries are responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to the Site or to which you may gain access from the Site. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such sites or links
- Where the Site includes a hyperlink to a third party’s website, we do so because we believe in good faith that such a website contains or may contain material which is relevant to that on our website. Such a hyperlink does not signify that the Company or its subsidiaries have reviewed or approve of the connected third party’s website or its contents – indeed in certain instances a hyperlink may connect you to a third party’s website containing views contradictory to those expressed the Site or otherwise held by the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Ownership of Copyright
- All the contents of the Site and downloads from it are owned directly by J. Smart & Co. (Contractors) PLC. or indirectly through its subsidiaries unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved. J. Smart & Co. (Contractors) PLC, 28 Cramond Road South, Edinburgh, EH4 6AB.
- You are responsible for obeying all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to download or take a print for your personal use of so much of the Site as is reasonable for private purposes provided that you make no alteration of any of the Materials and you do not use any part of the Materials in any other publication, in whatever medium, without written consent from the Company. All other use is strictly prohibited. You may not frame this Site nor link to a page other than the home page without the Company’s express permission.
- Privacy Statement
- When you request information or interactive services through the Site, the Company needs to know your e-mail address or, where you wish information to be sent by post, your name and postal address. The company may use personal data to seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to the Site, or to send to you the information you request in the form that you require. Although our suppliers of web-related services may see your details, neither the Company nor they will pass them to anyone else outside the Company and its subsidiaries without your permission. In agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Site (of which this Privacy Statement forms part) you agree that the Company can compile and process this personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. The Company will retain the personal data it holds concerning you as long as it is current unless you give us notice that you no longer wish the Company to retain this data.
- If you wish to change or delete any of the personal information you have entered whilst visiting our Site or if you have any questions about our privacy statement, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Any disputes relating to your access to and use of the Site or the Materials shall be determined by the Scottish courts.
- You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the Site.
If you have any questions concerning these terms and conditions, please contact the Website Manager at J. Smart & Co. (Contractors) PLC. on (+44) 0131 336 2181 or by e-mail to email@example.com